Interest rates are the lowest in 3 years; and many homeowners are taking advantage of the low rates and are refinancing. I have a list of lenders whose rates are impressively low, and please contact me if you like. If you are considering selling and getting a home equity loan to assist with the purchase of a new home, please keep in mind that the HELOC (Home Equity Line of Credit) process can take time and during that time, your home may not be listed for sale.
A spilled glass of water contains a lot of water; a split water heater contains 40 gallons and more. Write the date of installation on your water heater with a Sharpie and notice when the 5-, 6-, or 10-year warranty is nearing. A good safety backup is the addition of an alarm to signal any seepage in the pan under the water heater and some attachments stop the flow. However, have the plumber give you details about the alarm and the cost before placing the order.
Please dispose of your unused or expired meds properly and not via the sewer system. The meds get into the water that we drink and use for bathing. The best water treatment facilities eliminate 90%-95% of contaminants, but filters we use personally don’t help and our bodies absorb the remainder. 5%-10% might not seem like a large percentage, but the content and potency can’t be measured.
I was reading an interesting article about the disagreements couples have when they are discussing or are in the process of buying or selling a house. The weird one was that 23% disagree about whether a house should be cleaned or not for showings. i could understand having a tiff over who was going to do the cleaning or who had made the mess, but as a real estate broker, arguing over whether or not the house or condominium should be clean for showings makes no sense at all.
Olive oil is not the only healthy oil to use, and it’s one of the more expensive types as well. Safflower and sunflower oils have heart-protecting benefits and cost less.
Another reminder about English ivy, an invasive species that strangles and kills trees, like this one in West Cambridge. It’s our local kudzu, all too evident in Cambridge, Belmont and Somerville, taking over gardens and climbing trees. At the beginning of the climb, the roots can be pulled from the trees; once securely attached to the tree or wedged within the interstices of the trunk, the roots of the plant need to be sawed to destroy the vines.
Compass is a licensed real estate broker and abides by Equal Housing Opportunity laws.
All material presented herein is intended for informational purposes only. Information is
compiled from sources deemed reliable but is subject to errors, omissions, changes in price,
condition, sale, or withdraw without notice. No statement is made as to accuracy of any
description. All measurements and square footages are approximate. Exact dimensions can be
obtained by retaining the services of an architect or engineer. This is not intended to
solicit property already listed.